Essential questions to ask your florist....
15 January 2020
As a floral designer, I provide so much more than just the bouquet! I will help create the overall look and mood for your wedding ceremony, as well as centerpieces and other table decorations for the reception.
So before our appointment, you should have booked your ceremony and reception venue, that way we will be able to discuss how your flowers and decor will look and what else is required.
Though here are some questions that you should be asking....
- Do you have my date open? Though I will always confirm this before we arrange to meet
- Have you worked at my ceremony and reception venue before?
- How many other weddings or events will you schedule on the same day?
- Will you be creating the arrangements yourself or would it be another floral designer?
- Can you work with my budget?
- What recommendations can you give me to maximize my budget?
- Do you offer specific packages or is everything customized?
- What flowers are in season for the month I am getting married?
- Based on my color scheme and budget, what flowers do you recommend?
- Is there a difference in price if I use one type of flower vs. a mixed arrangement or bouquet?
- What about coordinating buttonholes, bridesmaid flowers, and centerpieces? Can you suggest anything to coordinate with the theme/venue/season of my event?
- What other decor can you provide (candelabras, arches, tealights, bay trees, etc.)? How will these items affect the overall cost?
- If I give you a picture of a bouquet and/or arrangement that I like, can you recreate it?
- Do you have photos of florals designed in the style I want?
- Will you work with my cake designer if I decide to add flowers to my wedding cake? If so, is there an additional setup fee for this?
- Do you charge a delivery fee?
- Do you have an extra charge for the setup and breakdown of the floral décor?
- Is there an extra fee if I need you to stay throughout the ceremony to move arrangements to the reception site?
- How far in advance do I need to secure your services? What is the deposit required to secure my date?
- Will you provide me with an itemized list of all the elements we've discussed, along with prices?
- What is your refund policy if for some reason I need to cancel my order?